Theatre Independent Contractors providing service on Villanova’s premises that will be using Villanova’s Fall Protection and/ or Aerial Lifts are required to carry the below applicable insurance and provide evidence via a certificate of insurance.
Insurance Requirements- Theatre Independent Contractors Using Fall Protection and/ or Aerial Lifts
- Villanova University listed as the certificate holder (Villanova University, Attn: Insurance and Risk Management, 800 Lancaster Avenue, Villanova, PA 19085)
- Villanova University named as additional insured
- General Liability: $3,000,000 each occurrence
The General Liability limits may be met via an Umbrella/ Excess Liability policy.
- Automobile Liability: $1,000,000 each accident. If the Theatre Independent Contractor does not carry a business automobile liability insurance policy, the page(s) of the declarations policy showing policy dates and limits covering the automobile(s) that will be on Villanova’s premises should be submitted.
- Workers Compensation: Statutory*
- Employers Liability: $100,000/ $500,000/ $100,000*
*If the Theatre Independent Contractor is a sole proprietor or otherwise not required by law to carry workers compensation/ employers liability, these requirements are waived as long as the Theatre Independent Contractor attests in writing that those providing services on Villanova's campus carry health insurance.
Note: The above insurance requirements apply to the Theatre Independent Contractor, as well as all subcontractors hired by the Theatre Independent Contractor to provide services and/or products to Villanova University.