Theatre Independent Contractors providing service on Villanova’s premises that will be using Villanova’s Fall Protection and/ or Aerial Lifts are required to carry the below applicable insurance and provide evidence via a certificate of insurance.
Insurance Requirements- Theatre Independent Contractors Using Fall Protection and/ or Aerial Lifts
- Villanova University listed as the certificate holder (Villanova University, Attn: Insurance and Risk Management, 800 Lancaster Avenue, Villanova, PA 19085)
- Villanova University named as additional insured
- General Liability: $3,000,000 each occurrence
The General Liability limits may be met via an Umbrella/ Excess Liability policy.
- Automobile Liability: $1,000,000 each accident. If the Theatre Independent Contractor does not carry a business automobile liability insurance policy, the declarations page(s) of the personal automobile insurance policy showing policy dates and limits covering the automobile(s) that will be on Villanova’s premises should be submitted.
- Workers Compensation: Statutory*
- Employers Liability: $100,000/ $500,000/ $100,000*
*If the Theatre Independent Contractor is a sole proprietor or otherwise not required by law to carry workers compensation/ employers liability, these requirements are waived as long as the Theatre Independent Contractor attests in writing that those providing services on Villanova's campus carry health insurance.
Note: The above insurance requirements apply to the Theatre Independent Contractor, as well as all subcontractors hired by the Theatre Independent Contractor to provide services and/or products to Villanova University.