Insurance Requirements for Current Villanova Student Entertainers

Current Villanova students being hired by Villanova to provide entertainment (bands, DJs, balloon artists, caricaturists, comedians, face painters, magicians, etc.) are not required to carry General Liability, Workers Compensation, or Employers Liability.

  • Automobile Liability: Student Entertainers who will be driving personal vehicles on campus, including The Inn at Villanova University, or to Villanova events off campus in order to provide services are required to carry automobile liability insurance as required by law. The automobile insurance covering the personal vehicle always responds to accidents and damage. This means that if your vehicle is damaged or you are in an accident while driving your vehicle, your personal automobile insurance would respond to any damage and/ or injuries and you would be responsible for any costs not covered by insurance, including deductibles.The University does not and cannot carry insurance for personal vehicles.  
  • Health Insurance: All students providing entertainment services to Villanova must have health insurance in place. The Student Entertainer’s health insurance policy will respond to any injuries or medical expenses arising out of the services Student Entertainer is providing.

Related Links