Insurance Requirements for Facilities Users
All third-party users of Villanova's facilities ("Facilities Users") are required to sign an agreement for the use and provide an insurance certificate, regardless of whether a fee is a charged for the use. When reserving space through The Inn, Connelly Center, Conference Services, or for Athletic facilities, the applicable area will provide the appropriate agreement. When reserving other space on campus, you will need to secure the Facilities Use Agreement and insurance certificate from the Facilities User and send to Insurance and Risk Management for review at least one week prior to the event. Many times insurance certificates need revisions to evidence our insurance requirements, so you are encouraged to submit the information as soon as you receive it.
The Facilities User is required to provide evidence of the below insurance via an insurance certificate (these requirements are also listed on the agreement). If the Facilities User is under/ uninsured, the Facilities User is required to secure an insurance policy covering the day(s) of use meeting our requirements. If the Facilities User needs additional information about a policy that can be secured and the use does not include attendance by unaccompanied minors, information regarding the Tenant User Liability Insurance Policy can be provided.
Insurance Requirements- Facilities Users
Villanova University listed as the certificate holder (Villanova University, Attn: Insurance and Risk Management, 800 Lancaster Avenue, Villanova, PA 19085)
Villanova University named as additional insured
- Insurance is primary and includes a waiver of subrogation in favor of Villanova University
- General Liability: $1,000,000 each occurrence/ $2,000,000 aggregate
- Must cover claims that arise from activities sponsored by Facilities User, but conducted on premises not owned by Facilities User.
- Physical/sexual abuse/molestation and harassment coverage: $1,000,000 each occurrence/ $2,000,000 aggregate (Applicable if any of Facilities User’s participants are Minors (under the age of 18), other than Minors accompanied by a family member age 18 or over)
- This coverage and its corresponding limits must be evidenced on the Insurance Certificate.
- Automobile Liability: $1,000,000 each accident (Applicable if vehicles owned, leased, or hired by Facilities User will be driven on Villanova's campus.)
- Property coverage for owned or leased equipment
- Workers Compensation: Statutory*
Employers Liability: $100,000/ $500,000/ $100,000*
*If Facilities User is a sole proprietor or otherwise not required by law to carry workers compensation/ employers liability, or if Facilities User's agents on Villanova's campus are not employees pf the Facilities User, these requirements are waived.
Note: The above insurance requirements apply to the Facilities User, as well as all subcontractors or vendors hired or used by the Facilities User that will be on Villanova's campus.