If the project Construction Contractor Providing Professional Services is doing for Villanova or the annual services and/ or products Construction Contractor Providing Professional Services is providing to Villanova exceeds $5,000,000, the Insurance and Risk Management Department should be consulted for appropriate insurance requirements.
Construction Contractors Providing Professional Services (architects, electricians, engineers, land surveyors, and those who are required in Pennsylvania to hold a professional license) to Villanova including The Inn at Villanova University are required to carry the below insurance and provide evidence via a certificate of insurance.
Insurance Requirements- Construction Contractors Providing Professional Services for Projects under $5,000,000
- Villanova University listed as the certificate holder (Villanova University, Attn: Insurance and Risk Management, 800 Lancaster Avenue, Villanova, PA 19085)
- Professional Liability (Errors & Omissions): $3,000,000 each claim
If the Construction Contractor Providing Professional Services will be on Villanova’s premises to provide services, the below insurance requirements also apply.
- Villanova University named as additional insured
- Coverage is primary and non-contributory
- General Liability: $3,000,000 each occurrence
- Including coverage for contractor’s liability, premises/ operations, broad form contractual liability, independent contractors, and blasting operations, explosion, collapse and underground damage (if related to work performed by Contractor)
- Completed Operations Liability: $3,000,000 each occurrence
- Must be in effect for at least two (2) years following completion of work.
- Automobile Liability: $3,000,000 each accident
The General and Automobile Liability limits may be met via an Umbrella/ Excess Liability policy.
- Workers Compensation: Statutory*
- Employers Liability: $500,000/ $500,000/ $500,000*
*If Construction Contractor Providing Professional Services is a sole proprietor or otherwise not required by law to carry workers compensation/ employers liability, these requirements are waived as long as the Construction Contractor Providing Professional Services attests in writing that those providing services on Villanova's premises carry health insurance.
If your maximum limits do not meet the above required limits, please provide a certificate evidencing your maximum limits and advise that these are your maximum limits. It is recognized that certain small vendors, contractors, or groups may not meet Villanova University’s standard insurance requirement limits. In those cases, a request for an exception may be made to the Insurance and Risk Management Department. However, no exceptions to the limits outlined above are permitted without the approval of the Insurance and Risk Management Department.
Note: The above insurance requirements apply to the Construction Contractor Providing Professional Services, as well as all subcontractors hired by the Construction Contractor Providing Professional Services to provide services and/or products to Villanova University.