The mission of the MDL is to engage undergraduate engineering students with industry through multidisciplinary real-world sponsored projects.
This is a win-win-win program:
- Experience working on real-world, challenging projects.
- Experience working in multidisciplinary teams.
- Experiencing the “engineering process” from opportunity recognition, through implementation, to customer satisfaction.
- Developing communication and collaboration skills.
- Learning valuable lessons from experienced industry mentors.
- Gaining confidence and self-assurance.
- Opening doors to internships and career opportunities.
- Opportunity to meet and recruit the best and brightest engineering students.
- Opportunity to educate students and faculty in the technology specific to their business.
- Opportunity to integrate their engineering expertise into our engineering curriculum.
- Our students provide sponsors with fresh insights into their technology challenges.
- Our faculty provides sponsors with high-level R&D expertise.
Villanova University Benefits:
- Strengthens our ties with alumni and industry.
- Advances our already high leadership position in engineering education.
- Widens the experience base of our faculty, bringing real-world examples into the classrooms.
- Provides our faculty and graduate students with opportunities for new research.
- Improves our ability to attract high-caliber students and faculty to our campus.