Problems of an academic nature are best resolved by the student meeting directly with the professor with whom the student has the problem. If the problem cannot be adequately resolved in this manner, the department chairperson should be consulted. In nearly all cases, matters are resolved at this level or lower. In special cases, the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs can be consulted to attempt to draw the process to closure.


In all cases it is imperative that the student, not the student’s parents or guardians, deal with the matter. At Villanova, part of the education of all students is learning to constructively deal with conflicts and the formulation and execution of solutions to these conflicts in a rational way. Clearly, this can happen only if the student is intimately involved in the process.

University Policies

You can view University Policies such as Attendance, Discipline, Academic Integrity, Medical Leave of Absence, Withdrawal from University, etc. on the Office of the Provost's web site or in the online University Catalog.