Director: Amy Fleischer, PhD, Professor and Associate Chair, Department of Mechanical Engineering
Focus: Addresses issues of research and development in the thermal-fluids field as applied to both thermal management of electronic devices and to the development and implementation of sustainable energy technologies.
- The development and implementation of sustainable design in energy systems and power electronics.
- Data center thermal management and waste heat utilization.
- Thermal management for portable electronics.
- Development of graphite nanofiber thermal interface materials.
- Thermal interface materials/ thermal conductivity of solids test rig
- Fluent and icepak computational fluid dynamics software licenses
- Graphite nanofibers fabrication facility
- TA Instruments Q200 differential scanning calorimeter
- Phase change cooling experimental facilities