Director: Rosalind Wynne, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Focus: Teaching and research in the areas of photonics, fiber optic devices and sensors.
- Microstructured optical fiber for urban sensing.
- Joint chemical sensing with microstructured optical fibers.
- Nanostructured optical fiber for biodetection.
- Thermal sensing with microstructured optical fiber.
- Ando™ 6315A Optical Spectrum Analyzer
- Yogowa AQ6370 Optical Spectrum Analyzer
- EricssonTM fusion splicer
- HP 83437 Broadband Light Source
- Fujikura™ CT-04 high precision fiber cleaver
- S1FC1550 and S1FC635 Thorlabs™ lasers
- Thorlabs™ fiber-optic motion control mounts
- Corning™ SMF-28 single mode fiber
- Ando™ 4303B white light source
- 3M™ multimode fiber
- Bullet™ bare fiber adapters
- Corning Photonic Bandgap Fiber™ and Photonic Crystal Fibre™
- 3 NewportTM Vibration Dampened Optical Tables, 3'x4'
- IQAir Helath Pro PlusTM HEPA Air Filter for near clean room conditions