Director: Ani Ural, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering
Focus: Computational fracture mechanics modeling of biological materials and novel material systems.
- Noninvasive patient-specific bone fracture risk assessment.
- Evaluation of micro- and nanoscale fracture mechanisms in bone.
- Assessment of the role of suppressed bone turnover in fracture resistance of bone
- Modeling of biomimetic nanocomposites.
- State-of-the-art workstations and finite element modeling software