The Novatherm Lab has no active post-doctoral researchers and no open post-doc positions.
Khosrow Ebrahimi was a post-doctoral researcher in the NovaTherm research lab from the March 2012 through December 2013. He worked on the recovery and reuse of waste heat from data centers. LinkedIn Page
College of Engineering
Villanova, PA 19085
- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, Kansas State University, May 2012.
Thesis title: ”Numerical simulation of turbulent airflow, tracer gas diffusion, and particle dispersion in a mockup aircraft cabin” Advisors: Dr. Mohammad H. Hosni and Dr. Zhongquan C. Zheng
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, K. N. Toosi University of Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Tehran, Iran, 2003.
- Thesis title: "A numerical study of forced convective heat transfer to turbulent pipe flow of supercritical water”
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, University of Tehran, College of Engineering, School of Mechanical Engineering, Tehran, Iran, 2000.
Research and Industrial Experience:
- 3D Simulation of turbulent contaminant distribution in an 11-row Boeing 767 aircraft cabin mockup
- Steady/Unsteady simulation of turbulent airflow using Reynolds Averaged Navier Stokes (RANS) and Large Eddy Simulation (LES) Steady/Unsteady simulation of tracer gas diffusion using species transport model
- Steady/Unsteady simulation of particle dispersion using both Discrete Phase Model (DPM) and Drift Flux Model (DFM)
- Extensive professional use of FLUENT 6.3, FLUENT ANSYS and GAMBIT in CFD simulations
- Department Head of Fuel Economy Standards in Transportation Sector Jan 2006 - May 2008. National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC), Iranian Fuel Conservation Organization (IFCO), Tehran, Iran
- Research and Project Engineer Oct 2003 - Dec 2005. National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC), Iranian Fuel Conservation Organization (IFCO), Tehran, Iran
- Ebrahimi, K., Zheng Z. and Hosni, M.H., ”Simulation of the turbulent dispersion of 10 micron particles in a generic half cabin model”, Proceeding of ASME 2011 International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition, Denver, Colorado, 2011.
- Ebrahimi, K., Zheng, Z., and Hosni, M.H., “LES and RANS Simulation of Turbulent Airflow and Tracer Gas Injection in a Generic Aircraft Cabin Model,” Proceedings of the 3rd Joint US-European Fluids Engineering, Summer Meeting, Montreal, Canada, 2010.
- Ebrahimi, K., “Experimental investigation of using Closed Loop Carburetor (CLC) on Pride and PK wheel power, fuel consumption and emission”, Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Energy Saving and Energy Efficiency in Transportation Sector, Tehran, Iran, 2004.