- Multiscale Nano-Bio-Mechanical Characterization, with particular emphasis on comprehensive understandings of mechanical behavior of nanomaterials, biomaterials, and biosystems through experimental techniques and theoretical modeling.
- Rational Design of Nanomaterials and Nanostructures, based on the fundamental understanding and principles.
Key Laboratory Facilities
- Agilent Nano Indenter G200: a state-of-the-art comprehensive nanomechanical characterization system
- Agilent 5500 Atomic Force Microscope
- Hitachi S-4800 Field-Emission Scanning Electron Microscope