Saturday, May 18th: 10:00 AM, Campus Green
College of Engineering Convocation
The purpose of the College of Engineering Convocation Ceremony is to acknowledge graduates by calling each students’ name, to provide each graduate with a congratulatory photo with the Dean, and to present college faculty and student awards.
The awards to be presented and criteria may be found here.
- Convocation is usually a two hour event. See the Commencement Weekend site for rain plan information and maps.
- Due to campus construction and various weekend events, please note that traffic will be very heavy in the local area. See the main commencement page for parking areas, permits, etc.
- Graduates should report to the Lancaster Avenue side of Austin Hall no later than 9:15 AM in full academic regalia.
- Faculty should report in full regalia to the Grotto by 9:15 AM.
- Group photographs will be taken during line-up – please be prompt to be included!
- The event is recorded. All photographs and recordings will be made available soon after Convocation.
- Diplomas will be mailed to all graduates following Commencement by the Office of the Registrar.
- A reception with light refreshments will be held on the CEER Patio and Lawn after the ceremony so that students, guests, and faculty and staff may briefly gather.