For Newly Funded Students
In order to be on the Villanova University Payroll, ALL NEW graduate assistants must complete the following forms and submit:
Item 1 must be hand-delivered by the student to White Hall, Room 217.
Items 2-5 must be uploaded here.
- Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9) (required by law) - Please refer to the Lists of Acceptable Documents included as part of the I-9 form (found on page 9). All documents must be current/unexpired. You must present one selection from List A or a combination of one selection from list B and one selection from List C as acceptable documents. Verification of your original form and original supporting documents is done in White Hall, Room 217.
- W-4 Form - PLEASE USE YOUR PERMANENT ADDRESS. International students must use a United States address (if you need assistance with this please contact the International Students Office of Villanova University. The instructions on the front of the form should be carefully reviewed before completing the W-4. Please note: EITHER fill in Box 5 OR fill in Box 7.
- Pennsylvania Residency Certification Form - Please read the instructions and PSD Address Search List prior to completing the Pennsylvania Residency Certification Form. PLEASE NOTE: If you are an International Student attending Villanova on a Visa, please use your permanent address in your home country for “Residence Location”.
- Direct Deposit Request Form** Please attach a voided check to the form.
- Form for New Jersey and Maryland Residents Only ***
For International Students
International students must bring their passport, copy of completed I-94 form** and I-20 along with the above-mentioned documentation. **Please note: Do not attempt to complete the I-94 form until 48 hours after your arrival in the United States.
Instructions for Form 8233 (For International Graduate Students):
All new international graduate assistants must call Payroll at 610-519-4262 and inquire about filling out Form 8233 for a tax break.
If you are in need of filling out Form 8233 in the Payroll Office, you must present the following documents to the Payroll Specialist:
4. Social Security Card (if available)
5. Copy of completed I-94 form
The Payroll Office is located in St. Mary’s Hall, 1st Floor