Harris Summer Innovation Program: HSIP is a competitive, self-directed engineering design program for multidisciplinary student teams. This partnership program of the College and Harris Foundation (the philanthropic arm of Harris Corporation) allows students to engage in the open design process to pursue innovative solutions to unmet societal and technological needs. Students manage all aspects of their projects, from initial design concepts through delivery of prototypes and final presentations at Harris Corporation. During their two-month residency, students receive stipends, free room and board (on-campus), project budgets and access to subject matter experts, labs and facilities.
- Solar and cycle chargers for head lights and cellular phones in Burundi, Africa
- Hemabyte: a low-cost, portable blood testing unit that can measure the complete blood count
- AtmoGEN: an atmospheric water generator
- Zoo animal recognition app
- Conjoined PVC pipes for Panama water system