The following statements describe the career and professional accomplishments that we prepare Mechanical Engineering graduates to achieve. We expect measurable progress toward these objectives within three to five years of graduation.
Our graduates will:
- be valued members of their organizations because of their skills and abilities as mechanical engineers;
- solve complex technical problems and/or design systems that are useful to society by applying the fundamental scientific principles that underpin the mechanical engineering profession;
- advance in their chosen career paths by utilizing technical, leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills with the highest ethical standards;
- apply their knowledge and skills to successfully practice professions of their choice;
- demonstrate professional and personal growth by pursuing or successfully completing an advanced degree, professional development courses, and/or engineering certification;
- be actively engaged in service to their professions and communities, consistent with the tradition of St. Augustine.