At Villanova University, engineering students have more than 50 minors and concentrations to choose from. Due to the required course load in your major, however, a minor must be carefully considered and planned for. Interested students should always discuss the minor of interest with their academic advisor before pursuing. In all cases, it is your responsibility to apply for and be accepted into the minor that you would like to pursue.
The courses for the following minors are concentrated within the Electrical and Computer Engineering department:
- Computer Engineering - open to engineering or computer science students
- Electrical Engineering - open to engineering and science students
- Mechatronics - the study of intelligent programmable systems from an interdisciplinary engineering perspective, coordinating the design, development and control of advanced hybrid-systems. Mechatronics system components include sensors, actuators, processors and software.
College of Engineering
These minors are open to all engineering students who satisfy the prerequisites:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Biochemical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Engineering Entrepreneurship
- Sustainability Studies
Dozens of minors are also available through Villanova’s other schools and colleges. Please visit the web pages below for details.
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Minors and Concentrations "At a Glance" by subject area
Villanova School of Business
College of Nursing: