June 19, 2014
Dear Members of the Villanova Community:
On behalf of the Honorary Degree Committee, comprised of students, faculty and administrators, I am writing to request your nominations for individuals to be considered for honorary degrees and as speaker at the 2015 Commencement Ceremony. Nominations should be submitted via email to the Office of the President no later than Friday, August 29, 2014.
Please consider the following questions when preparing your nominations. Your answers will provide important context to the Committee:
- What outstanding qualities and/or accomplishments make this individual worthy of an honorary degree?
- What makes this individual particularly appropriate for a Villanova honorary degree? Does the person have a special connection to the University? Does his or her work have a particular connection to Villanova's mission and heritage?
- If you are nominating someone to be a Commencement speaker, can you tell us anything about the person's ability for this kind of presentation? Have you heard this person speak at a public event?
- Do you have a personal connection to the nominee? If your nominee is selected, would you be willing to help ensure that this person accepts our invitation and would you be willing to be the person who presents the nominee at the Commencement Ceremony?
Additional information to include:
- Contact information of the individual(s) being nominated
- Brief curriculum vitae
- Links to web sites where additional information on your nominee(s) can be found
- Indicate clearly whether you are recommending an individual as Commencement speaker or as an honorary degree recipient
Please note that incomplete nominations may be excluded from consideration.
2015 Commencement speaker and honorary degree recipient nominations should be submitted via email to the Office of the President no later than Friday, August 29, 2014.
The Honorary Degree Committee will meet early in the fall semester to review submissions and make recommendations. We look forward to reviewing your nominations.