The Master of Science in Analytics program is designed to expose students to the whole analytics continuum from data collection through analysis through implementation and use. It teaches students critical analytics skills and transforms them into business analysts prepared to assist organizations in developing and sustaining a unique competitive advantage. This 36-credit hour program consists of 10 foundation and core courses plus an application-based practicum project in the final capstone course. The program’s semesters are divided into two terms, and can completed in as few as 24 months.
Who should apply to the online MSA?
- Engineering, computer science or math undergraduates with technical backgrounds who want to better understand business or develop a business focus.
- Business undergraduates interested in learning advanced analytics techniques.
- Mid-career analysts who want an advanced education to solidify their educational credentials.
- Mid-career professionals who are interested in changing or developing an area of focus or are interested in changing careers completely.
All incoming students must have completed an undergraduate or graduate statistics course and earned a minimum grade of B.
What will you study?
In the MSA program, you will study the whole analytics continuum and build a broad toolkit of analytics skills within the context of various business functions. You will learn to extract, analyze, interpret, and make confident business decisions from data while expanding your knowledge in all areas of analytics including data management, business intelligence, and predictive and prescriptive models. Your studies will culminate with an application-based practicum project in which you will use the learned skills to navigate the analytics process and partner with an organization on a real business analytics project.
Why the Villanova School of Business for your MSA?
The Villanova School of Business offers a world-class education that can be attained part-time while also pursuing your career goals. Our MSA program is uniquely designed for you to:
- Expand your proficiency in the latest analytics technologies, applications and practices that are actively reshaping the business world.
- Examine the role mathematics, statistics and computer science play in the collection, analysis and interpretation of data.
- Learn how to use “big data” to understand market trends, drive smart and sustainable business decisions, remain competitive and optimize performance.
- Acquire the advanced expertise to establish your place in the field of business analytics.
- Cultivate the professional acumen to serve as the bridge between the technical and business worlds.
- Engage in a high-touch learning environment in which you develop individual relationships with your peers and expert faculty who are defining the future of the profession.
- Gain access to networking opportunities through Villanova’s extensive community.
To talk to an enrollment advisor, please call (866) 803-0920.