SLC Service Sites
General Instruction: SLC students are expected to sign up once a week. If you wish to serve more than once, (which is great for our partners) you may do so after all other students in SLC have been placed at a service site. All Times include transportation to and from Villanova. If fewer than 3 students sign up for a site at any given time that service day and time will be cancelled and students will have to find another service site.
Ruibal Sophomores who participated in Ruibal as freshman may continue as leaders in the program. Sites and hours will be determined by Campus Ministry. 8-10 students
Poverty and Homelessness (clearances are not necessary for these sites)
- Back on My Feet
- Face to Face Dining Room Meal service
- Families Forward—family shelter (supporting SREHUP)(not confirmed)
- Hub of Hope Working with Muslim Serve (associated with Humanities Course)
- Laurel House: Shelter Times TBA training required Norristown
ACLAMO ESL and computer literacy
EDUCATION Will need all clearances, criminal, child abuse and FBI clearance)
- Boys and Girls club Of Wissahickon
- ACLAMO: Afterschool program—Norristown PA: Latino/Hispanic Afterschool Program
- Cristo Rey
- CurrentlyTrending Principal Wayman’s program. School of the Future and Dobbins High School
- McClure Elementary Philadelphia Classroom aide
- Mighty Writers project based writing projects
- St. Francis deSales Elementary: English Language tutoring or Computer coding
- Level: SLC students will be matched with Villanova students on campus who have differing abilities. Leveling the playing field, socially, academically, spiritually and physically.
- Special Olympics Athlete Practices:
- Sisters Returning HOME: Women Ex-Offenders returning to Society: GED, Literacy, Resume writing
- Students in Sociology of Deviance, justice and Society and Punishment and Society or Race Crim and Justice are eligible to volunteer at either Phoenix Prison or Chester Prison.
- Vested (Spring only) Saturdays in Spring Science, Engineering and Technology Camp On Campus Program for Science, technology and Engineering