The mission of the Master of Public Administration program is to offer graduates the knowledge of values, roles, skills, and practices that will help them become competent professionals capable of ethical, intelligent, inclusive, and creative leadership in public service.
The Four Goals of Our Mission
- Stress the study of how values from political (constitutional and legal), philosophic, and religious traditions, guide the actions of successful public administrators.
- Offer an interdisciplinary curriculum featuring the integration of knowledge from sociology, political science, economics, education, psychology, communication, history, philosophy, and statistics
- Nurture a sense of service to community and a focus on the common good
- by featuring the study of successful public administrators as roles models.
- by exploring the traditions and approaches in public administration theory.
- by promoting leadership in the areas of diversity and inclusion.
- by emphasizing transparency, accountability, and equity in public administration.
- Emphasize the importance of practical experience
- by discussing case studies
- by using simulations
- by requiring an internship for students lacking such management experience.