Please find current tuition rates in Graduate Arts and Sciences here.
1) Scholarship Based Financial Aid
There are two types of scholarships available in most programs. The first is the Graduate Assistantship which includes a stipend and tuition remission. The second is a Tuition Scholarship which includes tuition remission only.
2) Special Tuition-Reduction for Primary-and-Secondary School Teachers and Administrators
Given its Augustinian Mission and heritage, Villanova University has long maintained a special commitment to the teaching profession. Specifically, the training of teachers and administrators who have dedicated their professional lives to the education of subsequent generations holds a vaulted position within the graduate efforts of the University.
As a practical expression of this dedication to the teaching profession, the University has adopted a special tuition plan for primary- and secondary-school teachers enrolled in a graduate class in any program in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. This plan is in two forms: for teachers and administrators in Catholic schools and for teachers and administrators in public or private schools that are not affiliated with the Catholic Church.
This discount is for individuals in any Graduate Program in Arts & Sciences at Villanova University.
- For teachers and administrators at Catholic schools
- The University has granted these individuals a 40% tuition reduction from the standard tuition rate in any graduate program in Arts and Sciences.
- For teachers and administrators at private or public non-Catholic schools
- The University has granted these individuals a 20% tuition reduction from the standard tuition rate in any graduate program in Arts and Sciences.
Details of Tuition Plan and How to Apply for the Reduced Tuition Rate
- The individual must be accepted for enrollment into one of the graduate programs in the College of Arts and Sciences. That is, the individual must proceed with the usual application process.
- The individual must be a full-time or part-time teacher or administrator in a primary or secondary school. A part-time teacher must be under contract for the current school year and must show his/her contract. A substitute teacher must have served as a substitute teacher the semester previous to enrollment, must be able to document subbing at least 60 days during that semester and must show pay stubs or letters from administrators verifying the number of days worked.
- Full-time teachers and administrators applying for the reduced tuition rate must submit a tuition reduction form (below) at the beginning of the first semester in which they enrolled. Once the form has been completed, it should be forwarded to the Chairperson of the student’s program. The department reviews and verifies the information on the form and forwards it to the Dean's Office for approval. For full-time teachers and administrators, the reductions will continue to be applied to subsequent semesters.
- Part-time and substitute teachers applying for the reduced tuition rate must submit a tuition reduction form (below) at the beginning of every semester in which they enrolled. Once the form has been completed, it should be forwarded along with the necessary documentation to the Chairperson of the student’s program. The department reviews and verifies the information on the form and forwards it to the Dean's Office for approval.
3) Additional Loan Information
Financial Aid details for graduate students can be found on the Financial Assistance web site.