Combined B.A./M.S. or B.S./M.S. Program in Psychology
Students in this five-year program earn both a B.A. or B.S. and an M.S. in psychology. This program provides an especially strong foundation for individuals who plan to pursue a Ph.D. in one of the many subfields of psychology. It also serves the needs of students who are unsure of their future professional goals and of individuals seeking a terminal Master’s degree before entering the work force.
B.A./M.S. or B.S./M.S. in Psychology
B.A./M.S or B.S./M.S. Program Requirements
Applicants to the program should have the following:
- Villanova psychology major with junior status
- a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 (most accepted applicants have higher GPAs)
- a GPA in the psychology major of at least 3.2 (most accepted applicants have higher GPAs)
completed or be enrolled in at least 6 psychology courses which must include:
- PSY 2000 - Statistics
- PSY 2050 - Research Methods
- PSY 2100 - Seminar in Professional Development
- PSY 4200 - Biopsychology or PSY 4500 - Cognitive Psychology
- Two additional psychology electives
Although not required for application, most successful applicants have demonstrated interest in psychological research by participating in a research laboratory.
Application Deadline: March 15th
To apply to the bachelor/master's program, submit the following to the Psychological and Brain Sciences Department office (334 Tolentine):
- Completed Combined B.A./M.S. or B.S./M.S. program application form
- Official transcripts documenting your undergraduate courses
- A personal statement (2 pages maximum) describing your career goals and reasons for pursuing a master's degree.
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty assessing your potential for success in the bachelor/master's program. Letter forms are included in the application form.
- The GRE is waived for the B.A./M.S. or B.S./M.S. program, but students' SAT or ACT scores will be reviewed by the admissions committee.
Please note: Acceptance into the Combined B.A./M.S. or B.S./M.S. program is competitive and is limited to a small number of new students each year.
Combined B.A./M.S. or B.S./M.S. in Psychology - Application Form