Welcome to Villanova’s Graduate Programs in Political Science, where we train students as analytical social scientists and educate them about the broader underpinnings and implications of politics. As a graduate student in our department, you will be joining one of the few stand-alone M.A. programs in the nation. This means that you won’t have to compete with Ph.D. students for the attention of faculty.
- You can choose from a wide range of courses and our flexible requirements permit you to explore and individualize your curriculum.
- You can focus your course of study by taking advantage of certificates in American politics, international politics, and non-profit management.
- You can take advantage of our security studies concentration and deepen your knowledge of national and international security.
- You can enroll in our research track if you want to deepen your research skills, complete an M.A. thesis or explore the option of going on to a Ph.D. program.
- You will be part of a student body from diverse educational and geographic backgrounds.
- You will benefit from our faculty, which regularly wins research and teaching awards.
- You will find our tuition affordable, and you can apply for merit-based fellowships and other funding.
- If you are a teacher, you will benefit from a special arrangement with the Education Department to help you meet certification requirements and you should qualify for reduced tuition rates.
- You can enhance your job search skills with the help of our award-winning Career Center and you can meet employers at our bi-annual on-campus career fairs.
In short, this program is ideal for those who want to deepen their interest in political science to pursue new careers directions. We have assisted hundreds of students in finding such careers and expanding their educational foundations to help them grow professionally for years to come. .