Why Choose Liberal Studies at Villanova?
The Master of Arts in Liberal Studies program is designed to provide an alternative approach to continuing education within the field of liberal studies. Its distinctive feature consists in its core course offerings, which are interdisciplinary in nature.
The program is designed for those adult students with bachelor’s degrees who wish to broaden their knowledge of the liberal arts in an integrated graduate-level course of studies and who have an interest in the values of human cultures and societies.
Why Choose Villanova
- Students choose courses from a broad selection of humanities and social sciences options to tailor their own line of study.
- Students can choose from a variety of graduate certificates, including , Post-M.A., Peace and Justice Studies, Great Books, American Studies and Ancient Worlds.
- A diverse range of students are attracted to the master’s degree in liberal studies, whose life experiences add to the richness of the classroom experience.
- A degree in liberal studies is perfect for teachers who want to earn a master’s degree or a certificate, or satisfy Act 48 requirements.
- Liberal Studies draws upon some of the best teachers in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences for the LST core courses.
- Villanova University’s excellent reputation and convenient location on the historic Main Line, easily accessible by highway or public transportation, make it a natural choice for students seeking a graduate degree.
Liberal Studies: The non-traditional degree for the non-traditional student.