Once admitted into the BA/MS program, you will enroll in three graduate HRD courses during your senior year. You must choose three courses from the five listed below. Only grades of B or higher will be counted toward the graduate degree.These courses will count toward both your BA IS degree and your MS in HRD:
- HRD 8006: HR Analytics*
- PSY 8425: Organizational Behavior
- PSY 8475: Training & Development*
- HRD 8419: Foundations of Strategic HR*
- PSY 8875: Organization Development*
*These courses are required courses in the MS in HRD program.
The remaining graduate courses required for the MS in HRD can be taken in the summer after the senior year and following graduation.
Graduation Requirements & Academic Performance
The grade in each graduate course while a senior must be a B or higher. Once a student in the combined program acquires formal graduate student status (after graduation with the BA), the student's GPA in their graduate courses must meet the minimum 3.0 requirement. Once students have been awarded their BA degree, the student is then formally admitted into the graduate program in HRD.
How to Apply
The program is limited to 5 students at a time in each major (5 students from Psychology, 5 students from Interdisciplinary Studies).
- Complete the first 3 pages of the application for Graduate Studies.
- Obtain an official transcript documenting your undergraduate courses.
- Write a 2 page (maximum) personal statement describing your career objectives and reasons for pursuing a Master's Degree.
- Submit 2 letters of recommendation from faculty members assessing your potential for success in the combined program. Recommendation forms are in application for Graduate Studies.
- Submit your completed application to the Graduate Programs in Human Resource Development, ATTN: Dr. Katina Sawyer, St. Mary's Suite 119.
SAT scores will be assessed.
As part of the combined program, students will receive tuition coverage for the last two graduate courses taken as an undergraduate in the combined program. Details for the financial arrangements of this policy can be found here on the Graduate Studies' webpage.