The on campus MS in HRD for students who enrolled prior to Fall of 2017 is a 33 credit program, with 30 credits of courses and 3 credits of an internship.
Click here to view the Graduate Studies Course Catalog for descriptions of both required and elective courses.
(8 courses, 3 credits each = 24 credits)
- HRD 8319: Intro to HR*
- HRD 8003: Financial & Human Capital
- HRD 8006: HR Analytics
- HRD 8210: Strategic Workforce Planning
- PSY 8475: Training & Development
- PSY 8875: Organization Development
- HRD 8215: Employment Law
*HRD 8319: Intro to HR counts for HRD 8419: Foundations of Strategic HR.
Total Credits of Required Courses: 24
Elective Courses (9 credits)
The HRD Department offers both 1-credit and 3-credit elective courses to complete 9 credits of electives. Students may take a maximum of six 1-credit courses to complete their 9 credits of electives.
Starting in the Spring 2018 semester, HRD will only offer 1.5 credit workshops instead of 1-credit workshops.
- HRD 8212: Total Rewards - Compensation
- HRD 8213: Total Rewards - Benefits
- HRD 8214: HR Technology
- HRD 8421: Diversity in a Global Economy
- PSY 8425: Organizational Behavior
- HRD 8420: Strategic & Global HR Leadership
- HRD 8007: Quantitative & Qualitative Research Methods
- HRD 8345: Relational Capital
- HRD 8303: Ethics
- HRD 8899: Contemporary Special Topics in HR
Total Credits of Elective Courses: 9
Total Program: 33 credits