The on campus MS in HRD is a 36 credit program, of which 27 credits are required courses. Students take an additional 9 credits in electives. Some students are eligible to have the 6 credits of prerequisite courses waived (see below). All 3-credit courses are 8 weeks, and 1.5 credit courses are 4 weeks. Students also complete a capstone experience prior to graduating.
Click here to view the Graduate Studies Course Catalog for descriptions of both required and elective courses.
Prerequisite Courses (3 credits each)
With 1 or more years of HR experience, students are eligible to waive the Intro to HR in the Business World course. With prior research writing experience, students are eligible to waive the Critical Evaluation and Research Writing course.
- HRD 8101: Introduction to HR in the Business World
- HRD 8102: Critical Evaluation & Research Writing
Total Credits of Prerequisite Courses: 6
Required Courses (3 credits each)
- HRD 8419: Foundations of Strategic HR
- HRD 8003: Financial & Human Capital
- HRD 8215: Employment Law
- HRD 8210: Strategic Workforce Planning
- PSY 8475: Training & Development
- PSY 8875: Organization Development
- HRD 8006: HR Analytics
Total Credits of Required Courses: 21
Elective Courses (9 credits)
The HRD Department offers both 1.5-credit and 3-credit elective courses to complete 9 credits of electives.
- HRD 8212: Total Rewards - Compensation
- HRD 8213: Total Rewards - Benefits
- HRD 8214: HR Technology
- HRD 8421: Diversity in a Global Economy
- PSY 8425: Organizational Behavior
- HRD 8420: Strategic & Global HR Leadership
- HRD 8007: Quantitative & Qualitative Research Methods
- HRD 8345: Relational Capital
- HRD 8303: Ethics
- HRD 8899: Contemporary Special Topics in HR
Total Credits of Elective Courses: 9
Total Program: 36 credits