Open Graduate Assistantship Positions for Fall 2021
Interested in working with faculty in the HRD program on research projects and program events? Apply to be a Graduate Assistant! GAs work 20 hours per week on a variety of research projects, program initiatives and events, and, in exchange, receive full tuition remission as well as a yearly stipend. Applications for GA positions are due March 1, 2021. Learn more.
New Inclusion & Diversity Strategy Certificate
Launched Fall 2020, the Inclusion & Diversity Strategy Graduate Certificate prepares students to support and lead strategic inclusion and diversity efforts in a variety of organizational settings. This certificate can be combined with the MS in HRD or earned independently. Learn more.
Creating Diverse, Inclusive Work Environments
For more than 40 years, the Graduate Programs in HRD at Villanova have been educating HR leaders on the importance of practicing evidence-based HR, making work meaningful, driving high performing teams, and creating inclusive environments.
Why Villanova HRD?
- Does our vision statement speak to you? We want to engage with people who believe in our mission of creating workplaces that reflect our vision!
- Established in 1980, the Villanova HRD Program is one of the longest-running graduate human resource programs in the country.
- Our flexible 8-week class format allows students to balance their academic, professional, and personal lives.
- Earn the degree in two years or attend part-time and take up to four years for completion. All programs are offered on campus or fully online.
- Tailor the program to fit your career goals by earning a certicate in a concentration area independently or in conjunction with the Master’s Degree. We offer five certificates to fit your career interests:
- Inclusion & Diversity Strategy
- HR Business Partner
- People Analytics & Research
- Organization Development
- HR Leadership
- All classes in the program are SHRM & HRCI certified; you can earn recertification credits while taking our classes.
- Learn from both active practitioner working in the field and research faculty conducting research used in organizations today.
- With over 2500 graduates, you will be joining a vast network of HR professionals leading HR in organizations globally.
- No GRE required. Easy online admission process. You can apply to begin when you are ready, Fall, Spring, or Summer.
About Villanova HRD
Villanova University's Graduate Programs in Human Resource Development provide professionals expertise for dynamic careers in HR.
Our program's balance of theory and practicum, along with faculty who are active in the industry, provides a focus on emerging trends in this dynamic field to prepare our students for success. HRD fosters development of knowledge and skills that can be applied to the rapidly changing field, from law and regulation to human behavior and business.
With over 2500 graduates in businesses ranging from healthcare to technology and finance, our students have enjoyed tremendous career success and are now leaders in the field who return to contribute knowledge, guidance and expertise to our students.
The use of the seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute’s to be pre-approved for recertification credit.