The Graduate Certificates in History can be tailored to the student’s specific needs. Students may choose from the history department’s regular course offerings on the basis of their own interests and needs. Students must complete 15 credits to be awarded a certificate. Students may earn multiple certificates.
Who may apply:
- Applicants must possess a bachelors degree in history or a related field, and have at least a 3.0 undergraduate GPA. GRE scores are not required.
- Those who already possess a Master of Arts degree in history, education, or a related field and wish to continue advanced studies in history are also welcome to apply.
- Applicants need only complete a brief application form and provide a transcript. Two letters of recommendation and statement of goals are necessary for the Certificate program. However those who already possess a Masters degree may have the requirements waived, please discuss your qualifications with the program director.
The five available Certificates in history are as follows:
- Teaching Advanced History and Government
- Graduate Study in History
- Graduate Study in American History
- Graduate Study in European History
- Graduate Study in World History