General Application Information:
- All applicants must hold a bachelor's degree from an institution accredited by one of the regional accrediting agencies and must have completed the undergraduate prerequisites for graduate study in their proposed program. These prerequisites are detailed on each program’s web pages under the admission requirements.
- The requirement list below is a general guide. See program specific requirements here.
- If you have any questions about the application process or your application status, please feel free to contact us.
Students are selected wholly on the basis of individual merit. The University does not discriminate against any students or applicants seeking admission on the basis of their race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, or sex.
- Application for admission online.
- Application fee. $50 payable by credit card online.
- Letters of Recommendation. Check your program-specific requirements for details. We prefer that you use the online recommendation system embedded in our online application. Recommendations should be submitted by those who can speak of your capacity for graduate study. Ideally, letters should be academic in nature, but some programs may also accept professional letters.
- Transcripts. Transcripts from all colleges and universities where you earned more than 9 credit hours are required (undergraduate and graduate where applicable). Unofficial copies may be uploaded in your online application for review. Official copies are required for all applicants who receive an offer of admission who want to enroll. Have official transcripts sent to email@example.com or:
Office of Graduate Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Vasey Hall, Room 202
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085
NOTE: All applicants in their last year of undergraduate study at the time of application should provide a transcript of all courses completed to date. A final transcript must be submitted to the Graduate Dean's Office listing the degree received and the date the degree was conferred.
Additional Materials may also be required:
- General GRE scores (if required by your program)
For details, visit: http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/know
- Supplemental information such as Resume, Statement of Goals, or Writing Sample (if required by your program)
International Applicants - Additional Requirements:
International Applicants need to submit additional applications materials:
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores.
- Credentials Evaluation.
- Financial Certification (will be required upon acceptance).