- Competitive tuition rates
- Graduate assistantships and research funding
- Flexible courses of study, including fully online programs in HRD, MPA, and Classical Studies, as well as a blended, in-person and online curriculum in Communication
- Evening campus classes
- Study full-time or part-time
- Personal attention from a faculty of internationally recognized scholar/teachers
- All the cultural and intellectual assets of the Philadelphia region, including nearly 90 higher-education institutions
- A learning experience you design to meet your intellectual passions and educational goals
Graduate Liberal Arts and Sciences
Summer 2021 Information
All Summer 2021 classes at Villanova University will be conducted online, as the University continues to work to provide a safe learning environment. Please continue to regularly check your email and the Villanova COVID-19 website to ensure you are up-to-date on the most recent information.
Graduate Studies Overview
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Villanova University is an ideal place to pursue your graduate education. Program offerings in the humanities, social sciences, mathematics and sciences include more than 20 master's degrees, more than 40 graduate certificates, and PhD programs in Philosophy and Theology.
Objectives: The graduate programs seek to integrate general education, cultural improvement, and professional excellence. The aims of these programs are:
- To extend and deepen knowledge by scholarly research;
- To assist those who wish to secure specialized training in order to improve their occupational competency;
- To supply the need of advanced training for special purposes, especially in the fields of teaching and other human services;
- To offer the graduate students the opportunity to join with the faculty of the University in the common pursuit of learning wherein the students are encouraged to develop according to their individual capacities and to learn to live and work together in a community of scholars.
Graduate Studies News
Alec Tare, a student in Villanova's online Human Resource Development master's program, took first place in the University's 2021 Three Minute Thesis (3MT) Competition for his presentation, "Training Warehouse Managers to Decrease Turnover." Tare advances to the Northeast Regional Competition on April 23.
The Rise of Artificial Intelligence Could Help Common Philly Problems, From Traffic to Healthcare. A Data Analyst Explains.
In her academic work and in her work as a data analyst at a local children’s hospital, Computer Science master's graduate Jessica Yarnall studied and contributed to the major fields of artificial intelligence, from machine learning in data security to deep learning in the healthcare space.
Villanova's Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences honored master's graduate Aidan Flynn '20 MS with its Ingeborg and Byron Ward Outstanding Thesis Award for his work, "Using Semantic Network Structure to Understand Repetitive Negative Thinking", under the direction of Irene Kan, PhD.
The Villanova Graduate Program in Chemistry is committed to increasing the number of underrepresented minority students in higher education in the chemical sciences. The program is proud to announce that it has begun a partnership with the American Chemistry Society through its Bridge Program to serve as a transitional master's program to help students prepare for PhD study.
Learn more about our academic programs
Graduate student life at Villanova