- Competitive tuition rates
- Graduate assistantships and research funding
- Flexible courses of study, including fully online programs in HRD, MPA, and Classical Studies, as well as a blended, in-person and online curriculum in Communication
- Evening campus classes
- Study full-time or part-time
- Personal attention from a faculty of internationally recognized scholar/teachers
- All the cultural and intellectual assets of the Philadelphia region, including nearly 90 higher-education institutions
- A learning experience you design to meet your intellectual passions and educational goals
Graduate Liberal Arts and Sciences
Villanova Loves Teachers!
Master's Programs for Teachers - Virtual Information Session
Tuesday, June 29, 2021, from 3 to 4 p.m. EDT
Please join the faculty program directors in the Department of Education and Counseling to learn all about how our graduate programs are perfect for teachers to advance their careers. This virtual information session will include information from program directors in: Master of Arts in Education Plus Teacher Certification, Master of Arts in Education and Master of Science in Counseling; an overview of the admission process and information about subject-area programs; and a panel presentation of Villanova alumni teachers.
Graduate Studies Overview
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Villanova University is an ideal place to pursue your graduate education. Program offerings in the humanities, social sciences, mathematics and sciences include more than 20 master's degrees, more than 40 graduate certificates, and PhD programs in Philosophy and Theology.
Objectives: The graduate programs seek to integrate general education, cultural improvement, and professional excellence. The aims of these programs are:
- To extend and deepen knowledge by scholarly research;
- To assist those who wish to secure specialized training in order to improve their occupational competency;
- To supply the need of advanced training for special purposes, especially in the fields of teaching and other human services;
- To offer the graduate students the opportunity to join with the faculty of the University in the common pursuit of learning wherein the students are encouraged to develop according to their individual capacities and to learn to live and work together in a community of scholars.
Graduate Studies News
A New Treatment for COVID-19 Approved for Emergency Use. This Applied Statistics Alum Is on the Team That Helped Make It Happen
Duane Stanton '19 MS, a statistical modeling expert with GlaxoSmithKline and a graduate of the Villanova master’s program in Applied Statistics, assisted in preparing a new monoclonal antibody treatment for market.
CONCEPT, the scholarly journal of graduate students in the Villanova University College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, launched its 2021 edition at a virtual event on April 22. This year, the CONCEPT Graduate Research Prize was awarded to James Alfano, master's student in History.
Alec Tare, a student in Villanova's online Human Resource Development master's program, took first place in the University's 2021 Three Minute Thesis (3MT) Competition for his presentation, "Training Warehouse Managers to Decrease Turnover." Tare advanced to the Northeast Regional Competition on April 23.
The Rise of Artificial Intelligence Could Help Common Philly Problems, From Traffic to Healthcare. A Data Analyst Explains.
In her academic work and in her work as a data analyst at a local children’s hospital, Computer Science master's graduate Jessica Yarnall studied and contributed to the major fields of artificial intelligence, from machine learning in data security to deep learning in the healthcare space.
Learn more about our academic programs
Graduate student life at Villanova