Graduate Program Director:
Nathaniel B. Weston, Associate Professor
Office: Mendel Hall, G67G
Ms. Kathleen Cooper
Office: Mendel Hall, G67B
Applicants to the MSES must hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant scientific discipline or environmental studies from an accredited institution, with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
Candidates from different backgrounds or those who are lacking one or more of the prerequisites should contact the MSES Office to discuss their admission opportunities. For some applicants and some requirements, missing prerequisite courses may be obtained once enrolled at Villanova.
How to Apply
Contact a faculty member to discuss your research interests or the MSES Office to discuss program-related questions. Candidates considering the thesis option are strongly encouraged to contact faculty members to begin discussing potential research projects in conjunction with seeking admission.
All applicants should submit the following:
1. Online Application and $50 application fee payable by credit card online.
2. Transcripts. Upload unofficial copies of transcripts during the online application process. Official transcripts of all previous undergraduate (and graduate, if applicable) degrees must be sent directly from your registrar’s office to the Office of Graduate Studies at Villanova if offered admission.
3. Graduate Record Examination. GRE scores are required for candidates with less than three years of professional work experience. The GRE may be waived for those with extensive relevant work or research experience; candidates should contact the MSES Office to be considered. Students who wish to be considered for graduate assistantships or tuition scholarships are required to provide GRE scores regardless of prior experience.
4. A resume uploaded during the online application.
5. MSES Supplemental Application Form, including statements of research interests, career goals, any prior teaching assistant experience, and the name(s) of potential faculty mentor(s) the candidate is most interested in. Download, complete, and save the form, and upload it during the online application.
6. Three Letters of Recommendation from referees familiar with your academic and/or professional work. Names of referees will be provided during the online application.
Fall Enrollment: July 20 (March 1 for Graduate Assistantship Applications)