The Office of Grant Development's role is to support you through the grant submission process. External sponsors include all federal, state, county, and local government agencies; foundations; nonprofit organizations; private corporations; and private groups and individuals that make grant awards to universities, contract with universities, or otherwise enter into agreements with universities to provide funds to support specific projects for the performance of a specific scope of work.
At any point in the conceptualization or preparation of research proposals, you can contact the Director of Grant Development, Lyla Kaplan, to answer your questions and/or assist you in all aspects of the pre-award period. This includes:
- Searching for funding opportunities
- Checking sponsor guidelines and eligibility
- Examining sponsor funding trends and priorities
- Program and budget development, including cost sharing
- Providing document templates and boilerplate language
- Providing grant writing resources
- Editing and proofreading the narrative and other documents
Additonal assistance is also available from your grant specialist in the Office of Grant Development (OGC). OGC is the only office on campus authorized to commit Villanova in application for sponsored funding.
Corporate and Foundation Relations should be consulted in the preparation of Federal grants which include collaboration with private industry or foundations.
VILLANOVA FACT SHEET (DUNS, EIN, etc)
Villanova requires the following to be in place prior to submission:
- CITI Training - Responsible Conduct of Research and Conflict of Interest modules, and other modules as applicable
- Financial Conflict of Interest Disclosure - for the form, you need to email your request to email@example.com
(See Research Training and Compliance for more details)
- CAYUSE SP - The Internal submission is due 3-5 DAYS before deadline.The Deployed Research Assitant from OGC can set it up for you. Log in with your Villanova ID and password.