- UNITAS Award - The UNITAS Faculty Research Program supports scholarly research that focuses on issues related to diversity, equity, and inclusion. In particular, this program supports research that responds to the goals of diversity outlined in the Villanova University Diversity Statement. The program is administered jointly by the Associate Vice Provost for Research and the Office of Diversity and Inclusion. read more
- VERITAS Award - The VERITAS Faculty Research Program supports scholarly research that takes inspiration from and/or reflects the values of Villanova University's Catholic and Augustinian heritage. The program is administered jointly by the Associate Vice Provost for Research and the Office of Mission and Ministry. read more
The University Summer Grant (USG) Program provides support to faculty to be engaged in research, scholarly activities, and creative artistic projects. Overarching goals of the USG program are to foster the intellectual development of faculty and to facilitate faculty efforts to achieve national and international recognition in their scholarly field. read more
The Subvention of Publication Program is intended to support faculty in the publication of books and/or monographs that are of significant scholarly value, whether the prospective audience may be broad or somewhat limited. The program is especially interested in supporting works of the highest academic quality, which have been accepted at university or other outstanding presses that are highly selective in what they publish. read more
The University Travel Grant Program is intended to augment, but not supplant, existing support for faculty travel to present their work at appropriate venues available through Departments, Colleges, Centers and Institutes. read more
INTERNAL CLAS GRANTS
- CLAS Faculty Research and Development Grant Program (Deadlines: First week in Oct and Feb)
(on that page, scroll to "Programs" for more information)
The program provides modest funding to support CLAS faculty in their efforts to continually strengthen their contributions to the College in ways that will benefit our students, scholarship, and intellectual life. Awards are limited to $2500 to support faculty research travel, attendance of professional seminars, and presentations at overseas conferences. An award up to $5000 may be made to support a professional on-campus gathering, provided that it is also open to Villanova faculty.
Eligibility: Tenure-track and tenured faculty, as well as to full-time non-tenure-track faculty who hold a professorial rank. Awards are limited to one per faculty member every two years.
- CLAS Resarch Semester Program (Deadline: November)
(on that page, scroll to "Programs" for more information and deadline
The program provides CLAS faculty with one semester of research time from teaching in order to make significant, demonstrable progress in their scholarship.
Eligibility: Associate and full professors in all departments are eligible to apply for the CLAS research semester. Additional details on the Purpose, Eligibility and Conditions of the program are described in the program announcement.
Up to four faculty will be awarded the Research Semester for the 2017-18 academic year. The impact of the program will be assessed during a two-year trial period, after which a decision will be made regarding the continuation, expansion, or cessation of the program.
- CLAS Course Initiative Grant in Diversity or Sustainability (Due in March) - provides $2500 of summer funding to support full-time CLAS faculty members to develop new, (or revise existing), undergraduate and graduate courses in the humanities, social sciences and sciences that consider the complexities of either Diversity or Environmental Sustainability.
- Villanova Institute for Teaching and Learning (VITAL) (Deadlines in March)
"Minigrants" have an early March deadline. They are intended to support full-time Villanova faculty members in fostering advances in undergraduate and graduate teaching and learning at Villanova, implementing the teaching-learning sections of the University’s and Colleges’ strategic plans, and exploring the use of new instructional strategies.
$7,000 per individual (maximum summer stipend $5,500 per individual) or an equivalent amount for teams of faculty. Total funding requested in non-stipend budget categories cannot exceed $1,500 for the project.
Eligibility: Full-time tenured and tenure-track faculty. First-year tenure-track faculty members are encouraged to co-apply with a more senior colleague(s). Full-time non-tenure-track faculty members who have been at Villanova for at least four years are eligible. Full-time non-tenure-track faculty with fewer than four years of service at Villanova may be co-applicants, provided that there is a primary applicant with full eligibility. As indicated in the Administrative Policies section, individuals are not eligible for Minigrants in two consecutive years.
- Special VITAL Grants are sometimes offered, check their webpage for updates