- Two awards will be presented: one for a full time faculty member of any discipline, and one for an adjunct faculty member of any discipline.
- Award for Full-time Faculty: All full time faculty members in the College are eligible provided they have served at the university at least 10 continuous years.
- Award for Adjunct Faculty: The award for adjunct faculty members will be made to an instructor who typically teaches two courses or less each semester. Faculty are eligible if they have taught at the university for at least six semesters, though not necessarily consecutively.
- The committee considers the total teaching of the faculty member while on the faculty of Villanova University, with particular emphasis on work completed in the past four semesters.
- No self-nominations will be accepted.
- No individual may receive the award more than once. However, prior Lindback awardees are eligible for the Tolle Lege award.
Any faculty member in the College of Liberal and Sciences may nominate a candidate by filling out this form no later than Wednesday, March 15, 2022. Qualifications for consideration include teaching innovation, course rigor and student mentorship.
Nominees may be contacted and asked to submit materials in support of their nomination, including a list of recent courses taught, course syllabi and teaching evaluations.