The 2013 Philadelphia-area High School Ethics Bowl will take place at Villanova University on Saturday, December 7. Each coach/mentor, judge, and student participant will receive a token of appreciation. The runner up and winning teams will each receive trophies.
In April 2014, the University of North Carolina/Chapel Hill will host the second National High School Ethics Bowl Competition. A yet-to-be-determined number of participating teams in the Philadelphia-area ethics bowl will be invited to compete. There will be money available to enable the schools the make the trip.
- Each school is limited to one team of no more than five members. An exception to this rule will be made if, after the closing of team registration, we have less than 14 teams, at which time a school will be limited to two teams participating in the competition.
- No later than Tuesday, November 26, 2013, each school must return to the coordinator of the Philadelphia Regional High School Ethics Bowl (Mark Doorley) a completed parental/guardian release for each student coming to the competition (see below). A student who comes to the competition without having submitted this release on or prior to the above date will not be allowed to remain on campus. (The releases can be mailed to Ethics Program, Villanova University, 800 Lancaster Ave., Villanova, PA 19085, or faxed to 610-519-8026.)
- Each school is required to submit $85 to register a team. If after registration, a school is able to enter a second team, an additional $85 will be required.
- Deadline for team registration is September 18, 2013, at 4 p.m. Registration can be made via email to Mrs. Mary Quilter at email@example.com or via phone at 610-519-4792. Payment of the registration fee is due by October 1, 2013.
- All schools will be informed if there is space for them to bring an additional team. Deadline for registration of the second team and payment of the additional registration fee is also October 1, 2013. Since an even number of teams is necessary for this competition, if we end up with an uneven number, the last team registering a second team will not be permitted to field that team at the competition. Only after receiving notice from Mark Doorley that there is space for a second team can a school register that second team.