What is the Praxis Award?
The Ethics Program of the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences inaugurated the Praxis Award in Professional Ethics on March 28, 2007. This award highlights and celebrates the contributions of a professional or an academic in the field of professional ethics. To be considered, a nominee need not fulfill all of the criteria listed below. Recognizing excellence in one or more of these areas, however, is the objective of the award.
A nominee should demonstrate evidence of excellence by:
- Embodying the ethical ideals of a particular profession
- Connecting work in a profession to a broader understanding of the common good
- Promoting ethical integrity in a professional field
- Conducting research in the field of professional ethics
- Influencing the field of professional ethics in a positive manner through writing, teaching, consulting, and/or professional leadership