Besides the Core Literature and Writing Seminar (English 1975), some fall 2019 courses are especially suited for those considering an English major:
- ENG 4691, Contemporary Literature and Environmental Change, taught by Prof. Lisa Sewell.
- ENG 2400, The Classical Hero in Western Literature, taught by Prof. Evan Radcliffe.
- ENG 2003, Introduction to Creative Writing, taught by Prof. Tsering Wangmo.
- ENG 4690, Crime Fiction and Gender, taught by Prof. Jean Lutes.
- ENG 4500, The Black Atlantic, taught by Prof. Travis Foster.
- ENG 2004, Intro to Creative Nonfiction, taught by Prof. Adrienne Perry.
- ENG 3520, The British Novel in the Romantic Period, taught by Prof. Joe Drury.
- ENG 2520, African-American Lit: The Short Story, taught by Prof. Crystal Lucky.
- ENG 3250, Shakespeare on Film, taught by Prof. Alice Dailey.
Don’t worry about high course numbers. They do not refer to the difficulty of the course.
See also Why Study English - fall 2019 courses.