Villanova University’s Communication Department is proud to offer its students the possibility of membership in Lambda Pi Eta, the national honor society for students studying Communication. There are currently over 400 chapters of this honor society worldwide—and Villanova’s Alpha Rho chapter, the 41st chapter, was founded in 1993.
Lambda Pi Eta is an excellent way for our students to connect to the most prestigious organization for Communication teachers and scholars, the National Communication Association —and inducted members proudly wear the LPH honors cord at Villanova’s graduation ceremony, so that they can be publicly recognized for their academic and personal excellence.
To be inducted the following is required:
- An overall GPA of 3.0
- A Communication GPA of 3.25
- Completion of 12 credits of Communication coursework
- Completion of 60 hours of coursework overall
- At least 24 service points
- Certificate dues (NCA): $75
- Good university standing
- Other at the board's discretion
For more on induction requirements, click here.
The mission of Lambda Pi Eta is to:
- Recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement
- Stimulate interest in the field of communication
- Promote and encourage professional development among communication majors
- Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas about the field
- Establish and maintain close relationships and understanding between faculty and students
- And explore options for further graduate studies