1. Supportive faculty encourage students to pursue their interests in chemistry and beyond.
2. Majors-only classes allow for smaller class sizes and more interaction with professors.
3. Upperclassmen mentor incoming students to help welcome them into our chemistry 'family'.
4. Undergraduate research opportunities at Villanova give students the ability to work in all fields of chemistry year-round.
5. Weekly seminars provide information about future career opportunities and current research topics.
6. Students gain hands-on experience with state-of-the-art instrumentation such as our X-ray diffractometer and mass spectrometers.
7. Villanova's BS/MS program allows students to gain an advanced degree in only five years.
8. Student-run Villanova Chemistry Society (VCS) and Villanova Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (VSBMB) sponsor many extracurricular activities including bowling, paintball, poker tournaments, and socials.
9. VCS and VSBMB supports Villanova and the surrounding community by participating in volunteer activities such as Special Olympics, home school science fairs, and much more.
10. Chemistry and biochemistry majors study lounge provides free printing and a place for majors to work together as well as relax.