As part of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act passed earlier this year, cash contributions to qualified nonprofits such as Villanova can be deducted up to 100% of your adjusted gross income for the 2020 calendar year. The Act also expanded charitable giving incentives and allows taxpayers who take the standard deduction to make up to $300 of charitable contributions to qualified nonprofits this year. To qualify, you must make your gift before December 31.
Ways to Give by December 31, 2020:
- 2020 credit card gifts can be made online until 11:59 p.m. EST on Thursday, December 31, 2020. The transaction must be successfully completed to count for 2020.
- Tax receipts are sent immediately by email following a successful transaction. Please retain this email for your tax purposes.
- Please go online to make credit card gifts; do not send credit card information through email.
- Staff will be available by phone Monday, December 28 through Thursday, December 31, 2020, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. EST.
- Credit card information should not be left on voicemail.
University Advancement, Picotte Hall at Dundale, 800 Lancaster Avenue, Villanova, PA 19085
- Checks sent through mail must be postmarked by December 31, 2020 to be processed for calendar year 2020.
- Credit card gifts received in the mail after 12 p.m. EST on Thursday, December 31, 2020 will not be processed until January 2021 and will receive a calendar year 2021 tax receipt.
- We encourage you to mail your gift by December 15, 2020 to ensure receipt by the University before December 31, 2020.
Stock and Wire Transfers
- Transfers must be received in Villanova’s account on or before Thursday, December 31, 2020. Check with your personal broker for their institutional deadlines required to complete a transaction. Some brokers can require up to 10 days notice for a transfer.
- Please notify Janet Duffy at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the transfer.