SAT or ACT
- All applicants must take the College Entrance Examination Board (CEEB) tests and have all scores reported directly to the University. Villanova's SAT code number (2959) or ACT code number (3744) should be entered on the form used to register.
- Candidates are asked to submit their scores from each sitting of the SAT or ACT. The Admission Committee will review the highest critical reading and highest math scores from the SAT and/or the highest ACT composite from different subscores and dates for admission, also known as "superscoring."
- NOTICE: For those candidates applying to Villanova University for Early Action, Honors Program consideration, and Health Affiliation programs and are concerned about the late release of the September ACT and October SAT scores, please know that your application will be considered as “on time” as long as it is submitted though the Common Application by Sunday, November 1, 2015. We have been informed by the ACT that all delayed September scores should reach our office by November 6, 2015. Please know that we are monitoring the situation relating to the release of the October SATs results. We will make every effort to be as flexible as possible to consider these scores when received for the November 1 deadline review.
- For Regular Decision candidates, the SAT and ACT must be taken no later than December of the senior year. For Early Action candidates, candidates interested in consideration for the Health Affiliation programs, Presidential scholarship nominees and candidates interested in Honors Program consideration, the SAT and ACT must be taken no later than October of the senior year. For those applying by December 1 for scholarship consideration, SATs and ACTs can be taken no later than November of the senior year. All scores must be received in the Office of University Admission by the November 1, December 1 or January 15 deadline, respectively.
For Non-Native English Speakers
- All non-native English speakers are required to submit either official TOEFL or IELTS results.
- TOEFL: Applicants must score at least 550 on the paper-based test, 213 on the computer-based test, or 85 on the internet-based test, in order to be considered for admission. When you register for the TOEFL, please request that your results be sent directly to Villanova - our institutional code is 2959.
- IELTS: Applicants must score at least 7.0 in order to be considered for admission. Please visit the IELTS web site for more information.
- You should register at least two months prior to each exam in order to ensure you receive confirmation of the test date and for us to receive your results by the deadline.
- The student who is applying must provide TOEFL or IELTS results. It is not the high school's responsibility to submit the scores.