Faculty and Staff Post-Travel Quarantine Expectations
January 25, 2021
Villanova is asking faculty and staff to continue taking precautions to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 during the Spring 2021 semester.
Faculty and staff should limit non-essential travel during the Spring semester. In accordance with Pennsylvania state guidelines, employees who have traveled out of state for any reason must, upon return to Pennsylvania, either have a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of returning to PA, or quarantine for 14 days. Proof of a negative COVID test is required to return to work on campus.
Compliance with these guidelines is of the utmost importance in keeping our community healthy. Here are some Community Based COVID-19 Testing Locations.
Individuals who test positive must:
- Notify their supervisor of the positive test result.
- Inform the contact tracing team of their positive test results via phone 484-432-7950 or email email@example.com.
- Provide documentation of the positive test result via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All documentation will be kept confidential.
- Quarantine at home for 10 days.
During this required 10-day period, individuals may work from home if approved by supervisor, are able, and the job can be completely performed remotely. Otherwise, individuals will need to use sick time in accordance with the sick leave policy.
Individuals who test negative must:
- Notify their supervisor of the negative test result.
- Provide documentation of the negative test result via email to email@example.com. All documentation will be kept confidential.
The Office of Human Resources will inform the appropriate department that the individual is cleared to return to work.
IMPORTANT: If you do not get tested and provide documentation as noted above, you will not be permitted to come to campus if your job requires you to do so. Without a negative test, you must quarantine at home for 14 days as per PA guidelines. Therefore, if your job cannot be completely performed remotely with the approval of your supervisor, you will not be paid during this 14-day quarantine.
Thank you for your continued commitment to making Villanova a safe place to live, study and work this spring.
Ray Duffy, MS, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, CBP
Associate Vice President of Human Resources and Affirmative Action Officer