SURVEILLANCE TESTING PROGRAM
Villanova University is instituting a COVID-19 surveillance testing program as part of our ongoing efforts to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in our campus community.
Surveillance testing involves selecting a random sampling of individuals to be tested regardless of whether they have a known exposure or are showing symptoms of COVID-19. This form of testing allows the Student Health Center to make determinations about the level of spread in our community, identify asymptomatic cases for isolation and make timely decisions regarding intervention and response.
- In partnership with Vault Health, the testing program starts after Labor Day and will continue through the end of the semester.
- Each Friday, faculty, staff and students who are randomly selected will receive an email from VillanovaCOVIDTest@villanova.edu requiring them to sign up and register for a test.
- Participants will be assigned a window of five weekdays from which they must choose an appointment. Please sign up for an appointment as quickly as possible once the notification email has been received.
- Testing will be administered daily in the lobby of the Finneran Pavilion between 7:30 a.m. and 12 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Testing will take approximately 15 minutes and will be done by a representative from Vault Health.
- Test results will be available within 48 hours. Participants will get an email directly from Vault Health with their results. Additionally, the Student Health Center will have access to a dashboard of results from Vault Health.
- Participation is required. There are a few exceptions and participants can request to opt out by completing the COVID-19 Exemption from Surveillance Testing Form (a link will be included in the selection email.) The exceptions are as follows:
- You are currently sick and cannot get to the Finneran Pavilion for testing.
- You have a disability that would preclude you from being tested.
- You have a religious belief or health concern that would exempt you from being tested.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 90 days.
- You are currently in isolation or quarantine and unable to attend.
- Your in-person teaching is complete for the semester.
- You have not started to teach on campus yet this semester.
- Please hydrate the night before your test and the morning of it, but do not consume any liquids 30 minutes before your testing time.
- No eating/drinking/smoking/vaping 30 minutes prior to your testing time.
- Bring your cell phone or mobile device to your appointment to self-register for the test on site.
- Bring your Wildcard to record that you attended your test.
- You will be asked to tap your Wildcard to register.
- You will be asked to scan a QR code to begin the registration process with Vault Health, and you will be provided a test kit.
- When a table becomes available, proceed to that spot to take your test.
- The test involves collection of saliva. When you are done, remain at your table and raise your hand.
- A Vault Health representative will validate that your sample is complete. You will be directed to place your sample in the biohazard plastic bag provided and drop your sample in a collection box on your way out.