UNIVERSITY WIDE COVID-19 TESTING AND CONTACT TRACING PROGRAM
Villanova University has a COVID-19 surveillance testing and contact tracing program as part of our ongoing efforts to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in our campus community.
Beginning the week of May 26, Villanova will offer optional Summer surveillance testing for students interested in being tested. Testing is available every Tuesday and Thursday from 7:30-9:00 am in Mendel G93. No appointment is required.
Any student who chooses to participate in voluntary surveillance testing and tests positive for COVID-19 will be required to isolate in accordance with CDC and Villanova University guidelines. Additionally, anyone identified as a close contact of a positive case will be required to quarantine for 14 days, unless they have been fully vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19 in the last 90 days.
Information regarding surveillance testing for the Fall 2021 semester will be released in the coming months.
The Student Health Center (SHC) provides rapid point-of-care testing for symptomatic individuals. Students who are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms must first call the SHC at 610-519-4070.
The University implemented a COVID-19 contact tracing program in an effort to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in our campus community. The program consists of a team of contact tracers who operate out of the Student Health Center and in partnership with the Office of Human Resources and the colleges.
FOR COVID-19 POSITIVE STUDENTS
- Students who test positive for COVID-19 will have an intake assessment conducted by the VU Contact Tracing Team. This intake assessment will include education and instructions for a 10-day isolation. Students living within a 300-mile radius of campus will be expected to isolate at home.
- Students unable to travel home will be isolated away from the campus community in a designated area for 10 days.
- During their isolation, students should follow the isolation guidelines set forth by the CDC.
- Students in University-designated isolation locations will be assessed and monitored for symptoms of COVID-19 daily by the Student Health Center staff.
- The VU Contact Tracing Team will identify Villanova close contacts of the infected individual.
- The COVID-19 positive student will remain in isolation for 10 days. At the end of the 10-day isolation period, the VU Contact Tracing Team will contact the student to review their health status and determine their eligibility to return to campus.
FOR STUDENTS EXPOSED TO COVID-19*
- The VU Contact Tracing Team will notify close contacts of their exposure to a confirmed positive COVID-19 individual. The identity of the COVID-infected individual will remain confidential.
- The VU Contact Tracing Team will arrange diagnostic testing for students who are close contacts of an infected individual.
- The VU Contact Tracing Team will educate and instruct the close contact on the 14-day quarantine. Those who are within a 300-mile radius will be expected to return home. Students whose primary residence is greater than 300 miles from campus will be placed in a designated Villanova quarantine location.
- During their quarantine period, students should follow the quarantine guidelines set forth by the CDC.
- Students in University-designated quarantine locations will be required to complete a daily survey to check on their health status and well-being.
- At the end of the 14-day quarantine, the VU Contact Tracing Team will contact the student, review the student’s health status and determine their eligibility to return to campus.
FOR COVID-19 POSITIVE FACULTY AND STAFF
- Faculty and staff who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 should contact their primary care providers for medical advice.
- Faculty and staff should notify their immediate supervisor.
- Faculty and staff members who are positive for COVID-19 should notify the VU Contact Tracing Team at 484-432-7950 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further guidance on their 10-day isolation.
- During their isolation, faculty and staff should follow the isolation guidelines set forth by the CDC.
- Faculty or staff members who are not able to return to work following the 10-day isolation must provide a doctor's note to Human Resources.
- The VU Contact Tracing Team will identify members of the Villanova community on campus who are considered close contacts.
FOR FACULTY AND STAFF MEMBERS EXPOSED TO COVID-19
- Faculty and staff who have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 should contact the VU Contact Tracing Team at 484-432-7950 or email email@example.com for further guidance on their 14-day quarantine.
- Faculty and staff who are quarantined must notify their immediate supervisor.
- During their quarantine period, faculty and staff should follow the quarantine guidelines set forth by the CDC.
*PLEASE NOTE: Students identified as close contacts, who meet all of the following criteria: 1) fully vaccinated 2) asymptomatic and 3) test negative for COVID-19, will not need to quarantine. A person is considered “fully vaccinated” if they are two weeks past the SECOND DOSE of a two-shot series, such as Moderna or Pfizer, or are two weeks post-vaccination of the one-shot series, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. In addition, students identified as close contacts who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past 90 days are not required to quarantine.