Off-Campus Resource Fair Information & Weekend Reminders
Dear Off Campus Resident –
As a member of our local community, it is important that you are knowledgeable about topics such as campus resources, the Code of Student Conduct, local ordinances and law enforcement, safety precautions, transportation and parking, and more. While moving off-campus is an exciting time, it does come with a new set of responsibilities that we are here to guide you through, particularly during a pandemic.
You have been registered as a participant in the Virtual Off-Campus Resource Fair. The Off-Campus Resource Fair can be accessed via Blackboard and serves as a resource guide for students living in the community. The modules within the Resource Fair include information from off-campus partners, such as utility companies and your local township about applicable ordinances, as well as on-campus resources that remain available to you as an off-campus resident. We highly encourage you to explore the various modules in Blackboard in order to familiarize yourself with this information!
If you have any further questions after navigating the Off Campus Resource Fair modules, please email.
Additionally, the Office of the Dean of Students and Office of Government Relations and External Affairs will host a Zoom Q&A on Wednesday, September 2nd at 5:30 PM to answer any questions about living off-campus during the Fall 2020 semester. Please see the attached invitation. You must RSVP prior to the meeting to attend.
- This semester, health and safety is more crucial than ever. Stay vigilant and educated on guidelines from Villanova, as well as local, state, and federal officials, to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Last weekend, many of you put Community First by acting responsibly, keeping your gatherings small, and being mindful of your noise levels. Thank you and keep up the good work!
- Be creative with safe activities for you and your friends on the weekends.
- Use your judgement. If you look around and find yourself in a situation with too many people, with little or no distancing and no masks, it might be time to go home. And don’t be afraid to encourage others to do the same.
- Mask up. Many community members are reporting students who are not distancing and not wearing masks to local police and the University. Please wear a mask whenever you’re in public.
- In some cases, the University may view non-compliance with local, state, and federal health and safety guidelines (i.e.: hosting large parties or gatherings) to be a violation of the Code of Student Conduct, and therefore has the right to sanction students and student organizations, as the Code applies to conduct that occurs both on and off the Villanova campus. Disciplinary sanctions issued through the student conduct process include, but are not limited to, disciplinary probation, removal from campus, suspension, and/or expulsion from the University
- Please download the NovaNow App on your smartphone and follow the @VillanovaCommunityFirst Instagram page for pertinent information throughout the semester.
*At this time, the Governor of Pennsylvania has issued an Executive Order that no more than 25 people can gather indoors or outdoors at a private residence. Masks are required in all public spaces.
Government Resources and Guidelines:
Students living off campus should follow the state and county’s most up-to-date guidelines in order to protect yourself and the surrounding community. As a reminder, your hometown may have different guidelines than what is required in the Villanova area.
- Delaware/Chester County Department of Health: Radnor and Tredyffrin Townships, which include Wayne, and certain neighborhoods in Bryn Mawr (including The Villas), Ardmore, and Haverford
- Montgomery County Department of Health: Lower Merion Township, Conshohocken and certain neighborhoods in Bryn Mawr (including College Hall), Ardmore, and Haverford
- Pennsylvania Department of Health
Coordinator for Conduct and Community Engagement
Dean of Students Office
Assistant Director of Government and Community Relations