COVID-19 Dashboard, Contact Tracing and Ongoing Testing
August 28, 2020
Dear Members of the Villanova Community,
This week, we experienced our first positive cases of COVID-19 on campus. This information is available on Villanova’s COVID-19 dashboard, which is updated daily at 12 p.m. EDT.
As a reminder, we have policies and procedures in place for handling cases and keeping our community safe. Specific details regarding how Villanova handles positive cases on campus are available in the Case Investigation and Contact Tracing Program on Villanova’s COVID-19 Campus Information website.
The following are a few highlights and details for our students about contact tracing:
- Continue to self-monitor. If you are a student who is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please contact the Student Health Center at 610-519-4070 for medical evaluation and testing.
- We ask that you do not go to a local medical facility for testing, as it is important that the University has an accurate assessment of COVID-19 among our population.
- If you do test positive, Villanova contact tracers will ask for information about your recent interactions and activities.
- It’s important to be honest with the Villanova contact tracers. All information shared is kept private.
- Villanova contact tracers do NOT make referrals for disciplinary action.
- If you know someone who tests positive for COVID-19 and you are identified by a Villanova contact tracer as a close contact to the infected individual, you will be tested for COVID-19 and you will need to quarantine for 14 days. A close contact is defined as being within six feet of an infected individual for more than 15 minutes.
- If you know someone who tests positive for COVID-19 and you are not contacted by a Villanova contact tracer, that means you have not been identified as a close contact to the infected individual. If you are not a close contact to an infected individual, you do not need to isolate, quarantine or be tested.
If you have questions or would like someone to walk you through Villanova’s contact tracing process, please contact Villanova contact tracers at 484-432-7950 or via email.
There are plans for ongoing COVID-19 testing of the Villanova community, which will begin after the Labor Day holiday. More detailed information about the University’s plans for testing will be communicated next week.
As individuals and as a community, we must remain vigilant—wear a mask at all times, practice social distancing, keep washing your hands and stay home if you are sick.
WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER. Let’s stay safe, be smart and always put Community First!