Community First: The CARITAS Commitment
Individually and collectively, we need to place Community First this fall. That is why we’ve created the CARITAS Commitment.
Community First: The CARITAS Commitment is our pledge, as Villanovans, to modify our behaviors to ensure the health and safety of the community. We all need to do our part to keep community members healthy and safe. This shared responsibility–to be considerate of others and to comply with health and safety requirements–is at the heart of the CARITAS Commitment.
The CARITAS Commitment includes:
- Wearing a mask. We need everyone on campus to wear a mask at all times when they are in public or shared spaces, indoors or outdoors, on campus or off campus. Students in their residence hall rooms will form a “family unit” with their roommate(s) and will not be asked to wear a mask inside their own rooms or apartments.
- Social distancing and washing hands. All community members must adhere to social distancing guidelines, i.e., typically a 6-foot distance between people and limitations on the size of gatherings indoors and outdoors. Each of us must wash or sanitize our hands regularly and appropriately throughout each day.
- Self-monitoring, testing, and quarantines. Expectations around self-monitoring, COVID-19 testing, and possible quarantines for students are included in Villanova’s Health and Safety Plan. Faculty and staff should also self-monitor for symptoms, stay home when sick, and consult with their physician regarding testing.
- Modifying behaviors. Events, programs, and meetings this fall will look very different than in years past. We are asking everyone to be creative and find new ways to connect with one another while allowing for social distancing.
- Limitations to travel. Guidelines for non-essential travel are being developed to keep community members safe and to limit unnecessary exposures.
A successful fall semester is in our hands. We need everyone to put Community First and to cooperate with health directives to protect one another. We are in this TOGETHER, and together, we can have an incredible fall semester.