The Department of Romance Languages and Literatures hosts a variety of cultural and educational events for our students, faculty and the larger Villanova Community.
Annual Italian Lecture Series
Every year, the Italian Studies program presents a themed lecture series open to student, faculty, staff, alumni and the wider community. The series is generously supported by the Richard and Mary Anne Francisco Endowed Fund.
2019 – 2020: "Italian Set to music"
2018 – 2019: "Italian Fasion and the Pursuit of Beauty"
- “Fashion and Power in Renaissance Venice”
- The Hair is Full of Snares: How Leonardo da Vinci and Botticelli Made You Fall in Love with Italian Women
- The Culture of Fashion in Italy: Women, Film and Media
- A Conversation About the Italian Fashion System
2017 – 2018: "Italy and the Design of Modern Beauty"
- Designing an Italian Style at Universal Expositions
- Italy and the Design of Modern Thought
- The Modern Beauty of Italian Design
- Italian Futurism and the Design of the Modern Object
2016 – 2017: "Boccaccio"
2015 – 2016: "The Difference Italy Makes"
2014 – 2015: "Dante"
CAMPUS COMMUNITY EVENTS
The Department of Romance Languages and Literatures offer a variety of lectures and cultural events, that are both education and fun for our faculty, staff and students.