ENGINEERING STUDENT RESEARCH OPPORTUNITIES
In addition to pursuing self-directed research, Villanova Engineering undergraduates and graduate students have the opportunity to conduct research with faculty through the College’s six research centers or in a variety of specialized research areas.
To find the research opportunity that is right for you, talk to your advisor or contact a faculty member who is conducting research in your area of interest.
University Research Opportunities
Campus-wide, Villanova encourages student research through a variety of programs and competitions:
- Villanova Undergraduate Research Fellows
- Falvey Scholars
- Villanova Match Research Program for First Year Students
- Sigma Xi Student Research Poster Symposium
National and International Research Programs
The University’s Center for Research and Fellowships provides students with exceptional support to enhance their career trajectories through mentoring, research funding and assistance in winning competitive awards.
Villanova Engineering students have enjoyed national and international research opportunities through external programs, including:
- DAAD-RISE (Research Internships in Science and Engineering) in Germany
- Fulbright grants
- Grenoble Innovation for Advanced New Technologies (GIANT) Innovation Campus in France
- International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experiences
- National Science Foundation Research Experiences for Undergraduates
- Penn Summer Undergraduate Internship Program
“The freshman year cybersecurity project piqued my interest in threats to fingerprinting technology. I took my idea for an improved device to my professor (who became my mentor) and the department funded my research!”
—Lauren Henderson, Computer Engineering
“Conducting research at the GIANT Innovation Campus in France furthered my professional development and communication skills, exposed me to research in an advanced field, and allowed me to experience a completely different culture.”
—Brent Studenroth, Mechanical Engineering