Become a DEI Role Model
This program will serve in the support of a more inclusive community and work environment, in addition to fostering equality within VSB. By selecting one representative from each academic department and administrative office to act as a point of contact for DEI issues and events, the program aims to do the following:
- To create more comprehensive DEI representation and involvement throughout the entire college
- To promote a more direct connection between VSB departments and offices with various DEI training, events and opportunities
- To achieve organizational awareness and education
- To encourage innovation and entrepreneurship within individual offices, with regard to DEI
- To develop additional inclusion practitioners with the division
“It is time for us to get comfortable being uncomfortable. Only through uncomfortable conversations and actions will we be able to secure the blessings of liberty that God endowed upon us all, but our society has denied from marginalized groups."
Greg Wilson ’95 VSB
Vice Chair, Dean’s Advisory Council
Managing Director, Goldman Sachs & Co
An Ally’s Purpose
By representing your functional area as a DEI Ambassador, you will:
- Become an ambassador for your department
- Engage in conversations regarding DEI strategies
- Help create a composite of VSB student, staff and faculty DEI needs and progress (i.e. training, mentoring, hiring, etc.)
- Improve departmental climate through participation and shared communication
- Share the tools and resources available to support the goals of inclusion
VSB Climate Improvement Feedback Portal
VSB ODEI is committed to creating a more inclusive, and equitable community. Please submit your suggestions below to help us improve our efforts.
Report a Climate Concern to Villanova University
If you are concerned about any issues related to diversity, equity and inclusion, please do not hesitate to contact us.
“Each of us had something to learn from others and something to teach in return.”
- St. Augustine
“Embracing all with mutual respect leads to rich discussions, broader perspectives that in turn bring all together in any environment to achieve together.”
Michele Etzel ’87 VSB
Chair, Dean’s Advisory Council;
CEO, National Enterprise Solutions;
CFO, National Graphics Inc.